Gulab Jamun 2
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup instant nonfat dry milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pinches baking soda
- 3 tablespoons melted ghee
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 cups water
- 7 cardamom pods
- 2 cups oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- In a large bowl, mix dry milk powder, flour, baking soda and ghee; using both
hands, rub the mixture.
- Add the milk to the ingredients. Knead for another 5 minutes.
- Roll dough into small balls.
- To prepare syrup, boil the brown sugar and 3 cups water in a pot for half an
hour over low medium temperature.
- Add 2 cups oil to a small pot and fry the small balls until they are brown.
- After all balls are fried, reheat the sugar water.
- Add cardamom seed. As soon as it begins to boil, add the balls and simmer for 15 minutes.
- When the balls absorb the syrup, turn off the heat. Remove the balls with slotted
- Stir the essence into the syrup and pour the mixture over the balls.
- Serve hot or cold.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes