Indian Butter Chicken (Makhani Murgh)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 pounds boneless chicken pieces
- Oil (for frying)
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon Indian red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 cups half-and-half or whipping cream
- 2 cups canned tomato sauce
- 4 to 6 tablespoons melted butter
- Chopped parsley (for garnish)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large sauté pan and brown chicken pieces. Remove and
- Add more oil to pan.
- Fry onions, garlic and ginger until transparent.
- Add chili powder and garam masala, cook about 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, cook about 4 minutes.
- Add cream.
- Return chicken pieces to pan. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low
and simmer uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour melted butter
over it. Cover and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes