As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon yellow asafetida powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Boil the potato slices in lightly salted water in a saucepan until they are cooked
but firm. Remove and drain.
- Add the olive oil to a medium-size saucepan, over moderate heat and when hot,
add the asafetida. Sauté briefly; add the rosemary, pepper and turmeric and stir
- Add the sour cream, melted butter, salt and water. Whisk it into a smooth
sauce and remove from the heat.
- Combine the potato slices and sour cream sauce in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the mixture
into a casserole dish, sprinkle with paprika, and place in the top of a preheated
325 degree F oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes