Indian Spiced Lentils
(Dhuli Maah Ki Daal)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Ghee or butter
- 6 ounces dried red lentils (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely sliced onions
- Cook chopped onion and garlic in ghee in 2-quart saucepan until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except water, oil and sliced onions; cook and stir over
medium heat 2 minutes.
- Add water. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer
until lentils are tender and most of liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- Cook onion slices in oil until crisp and dark brown. top each serving of lentils
with fried onions.
- Serve with Indian Flat Bread if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes