Indian Stir Fry
- 1 pound boneless lamb*
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped chutney
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet red bell pepper, cut into strips
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- Slice lamb diagonally across grain into thin strips, and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch, chutney and beef broth; set aside.
- Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil around top of preheated wok or skillet, coating sides;
heat at medium-high (325 degrees F) for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic; stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add red pepper strips; stir-fry 3 minutes. Remove from wok, and set aside.
- Pour remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil into wok; add sliced lamb, and stir-fry
for 2 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder, coating well.
- Return reserved minced garlic and
red pepper strips to wok, and add broth mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until
mixture is thickened.
- Serve with hot cooked rice, if desired.
* 1 (1 pound) top sirloin steak (about 1 inch thick) may be substituted for boneless