Kari Ayam (Chicken Curry
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 18 pieces
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons
- 2 cardamom, crushed
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 3 cloves
(1/2-inch) piece cinnamon stick
- 1/2 large onion, blended with 2 cloves garlic,
minced, and 1/2-inch ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tomatoes,
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 potatoes, cut into eighths
- Heat oil in a pot. Fry sliced onion, garlic and ginger until brown.
- Add cloves,
cardamom and cinnamon stick.
- Add curry powder and the blended ingredients and stir
until color changes.
- Add 1 cup of water and keep stirring.
- Add chicken and cover
the pot. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Add coconut milk and stir.
Let it boil for a while.
- Add tomatoes and boil for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.