Kheera ka Raita
(Cucumber in Spiced Yogurt
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, finely grated
- 1 green chile, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped cilantro leaves, plus a sprig of
cilantro for garnish
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup
- Remove excess juice from cucumbers by straining through vegetable strainer or
use your hands as strainer. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix green chile, cilantro, sugar and salt with yogurt.
- Add cucumber
and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh sprig of cilantro leaves.
- Serve chilled.
Makes 1 1/2 cups or enough for 4 to 5 servings.
Fat-free yogurt can be substituted for plain yogurt. Artificial sweetener
can also be substituted for sugar, if needed.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.