As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup lentils (daal)
- 2 onions, sliced lengthwise
- 5 small hot green peppers, chopped (or less if you don't like it too spicy)
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Soak lentils in 3 to 4 cups water for one hour, then wash the lentils and drain
- Put lentils into a blender or food processor.
- Add ginger, garlic and
peppers. Blend for 3 to 4 minutes or until is is just all blended together. Do not
process it too finely.
- Remove from blender to a mixing bowl.
- Add turmeric, onion, coriander leaves and salt. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Place tablespoon-size lentil mixture into frying pan.
Fry both sides until golden brown.
- Remove from pan. Place on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Serve hot.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes