As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rice or all-purpose flour
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 3 to 4 cabbage leaves
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 jalapeno or serrano pepper
- 1 potato
- 4 green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Finely chop all the vegetables either in a chopper or by hand in a large plate.
You may even grate them if a chopper is not available.
- Add the flours, 2 tablespoons
oil, salt and knead to a very stiff dough. Do not keep the dough for long after
kneading, or it will become gooey and soft. This would make it difficult to roll
- Divide dough into 3 parts. Roll into 5-inch rounds.
- Shallow fry on a hot
griddle (tawa) on both sides until golden brown using the remaining oil.
- Eat hot or carry away for later, with sauce, tamarind or onion chutney.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes