- 1/2 cup mint, stems removed, washed, uncut*
- 1/4 cup cilantro, stems removed, washed, uncut*
- 1 green chile, chopped (use any kind, from mild to hot)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 to 5 teaspoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend on medium speed until mixture has
- If chutney is not to be served right away, cover tightly and
refrigerate. It can stay fresh in the refrigerator for 1 week.
Makes about 3/4 cup.
* The mint and coriander leaves should be thoroughly washed and tightly packed