As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons butter or ghee, melted
- About 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- Stir in the beaten egg, yogurt and 2 tablespoons of the butter or ghee.
- Gradually stir in enough milk to make a soft dough. Knead well. Cover with a damp cloth and
place in a warm place for 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Knead dough on a floured surface for 2 or 3 minutes until smooth. Divide into
- Roll each piece into a ball then into ovals about 6 to 8 inches long.
- Grease a baking sheet with oil.
- Brush both the sides of the rolled out Naan with oil. Sprinkle
one side with poppy seeds. Place it ( poppy seed side up) on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 to 10 minutes until puffy and lightly golden brown. The bread puffs
slightly, lightly browns on the sides.
- Serve while hot.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes