Nadur Monji (Lotus Fritters)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 thick lotus root
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme seeds, powdered
- Water, as required
- 2 cups oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Wash the lotus root thoroughly. Cut into 5 cm lengths and further cut into strips.
Drain and pat the strips dry.
- Make a thin batter of rice flour, salt, chile powder, cumin and thyme powder.
- Dip the strips in the batter and drop a handful of the tangled strips into a kadhai
with sizzling hot oil.
- Fry until crisp and reddish-brown in color.
- Remove, drain and serve hot.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes