Olga's Chicken Brijani
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped coconut
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon and cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup water
- 12 skinless chicken legs, scored to the bone
- 1/2 cup oil
- Salt and pepper
- Marinade: Put marinade ingredients in blender and puree until smooth. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Chicken: Brown chicken in hot oil; cover and reduce heat. Simmer until tender, about 20
- Continue to simmer over low heat until liquid is gone.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over rice.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 9/21/2001 2:31 pm.
Source: Olga Yarlagadda
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes