Papaya Lassi (Papita Lassi)
- 1 cup ripe papaya, diced and mashed well
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups chilled water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- Few sprigs peppermint
- Ice cubes
- Beat or blend yogurt, then add water and beat or blend again.
- Add mashed papaya with all the seasonings. Beat or blend again.
- Pour into individual glasses.
- Garnish with mint and serve cold.
Makes 6 glasses.
Sweet Papaya Lassi
Omit salt, lime juice and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons sugar
instead and flavor with rose water.