Puris (Fried Bread Puffs)
These deflate as they cool, so bring them to the table as soon as they are cooked.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine flours, salt and oil in a bowl and make a stiff dough by adding water.
Knead dough for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Break off small pieces of dough about the size of a cherry tomato. Roll out to
about 3 inches in diameter.
- Deep fry in vegetable oil over medium heat a few seconds. They should puff up.
- Drain on paper toweling and serve hot.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes