Rasmalai (Indian Cheese Dessert)
- 2 (15 ounce) containers Ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
cup Carnation milk powder
- 8 to 10 cardamoms
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set aside 2 or 3 tablespoons of the sugar.
- Crush cardamoms to powder.
- Mix cheese,
sugar, milk powder and 1 crushed cardamom thoroughly. Spread the mixture in 13 x
9 x 2-inch glass pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle almonds
on top and let cool for one hour.
- Mix half-and-half with the 2 or 3 tablespoons sugar and remaining cardamom powder.
Pour it on top of baked cake.
- Chill in the refrigerator before serving.
Makes about 20 to 24 pieces.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.