- 3 pounds chicken pieces, skinned
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large onions, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, crushed
- 1-inch piece ginger, minced
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 4 bunches spinach, washed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 large cardamom pods
- 2 cloves
- 7 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Fry the chicken lightly in 4 tablespoons of oil for 3-4 minutes until lightly
browned and set aside.
- Put the spinach into a deep pan; add 1/4 cup water. Bring to boil and remove
- When cool, grind in blender and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and add ginger, garlic and onions; sauté until lightly
- Add tomatoes, salt, cayenne, coriander powder, turmeric, cloves, and cardamom.
- Sprinkle with one tablespoon water.
- Cook for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Add chicken and milk. Simmer until the chicken is tender.
- Add spinach and garam masala. Cook until spinach starts sticking to pan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter and cover until ready to serve.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes