- 4 cups low fat milk
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 packages frozen spinach, chopped and thawed
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 1 heaping teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup yogurt
- Cheese: Bring milk to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir in buttermilk. Stir until curds form and whey is clear.
- Strain through cheesecloth. Put a weight on top after it is drained to pack it down.
- Cook onion in margarine.
- Add spices; cook, then add spinach. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add yogurt, but don't boil — just heat, then add cheese, cut into cubes.