Savory Green Beans with Coconut
(Same ki Bhaji)
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Prepare ghee. Place coconut and water in blender container. Cover and blend on
high speed until coconut is finely chopped, about 10 seconds.
- Cut beans lengthwise into halves; cut halves lengthwise into halves.
- Cook and stir onion, coriander, turmeric and ginger in ghee in 10-inch skillet
over medium heat until onion is coated.
- Stir coconut mixture, beans and salt into
onion mixture. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beans
are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
Yields 4 or 5 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes