This drink is from India, and June is an excellent time to make it since the roses
will be in bloom.
- 5 large fragrant roses in full bloom*
- 2 quarts cold water
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups crushed pineapple, fresh or canned
- Finely crushed ice
- Extra rose petals
* Choose only roses not sprayed with pesticides.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Wash the roses and shake off the excess water. Carefully take off the petals
and put them in a large bowl. Pour the cold water over them and let stand in a dark,
but not refrigerated, place for about four hours.
- Strain out the petals, saving the water.
- Dissolve the sugar in the lemon juice and add this to the rose water.
- Stir in the pineapple.
- When ready to serve, pour over crushed ice and top with a rose petal in each glass.
Serves 6 to 8.
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine May 19, 2001.
Source: Aurora Lights Circle
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes