Shrimp in Spicy Sauce
(Sambal Goreng Udang)
Serve with rice, peanuts and fresh, thinly sliced vegetables.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound small raw shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly-ground pepper
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet until hot.
- Cook and stir shrimp, onions, garlic and
red pepper until shrimp starts to turn pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
Simmer uncovered until shrimp are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Serve in bowls.
Yields 4 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes