Tamatar Chutney (Spicy Tomato Chutney)
This freezes well, so go ahead and make a double or triple batch.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 4 to 6 green chiles, halved and seeded
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and fry for 10 seconds.
- Add the garlic and halved chiles and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 1 hour,
stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are reduced to a thick paste and the oil
- Cool and serve at room temperature.
Makes about 1 cup.
Will keep covered and refrigerated for 1 week, and frozen for several months.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes