- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 16 jumbo shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 metal or wooden skewers (soak wooden skewers)
- Shrimp: Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, and ginger.
- Place prawns in a shallow
baking dish and cover with the marinade. Let sit 15 minutes. Drain and pat the prawns
- Marinade: Mix together all ingredients. Place shrimp back in the baking dish and cover
with the marinade. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Thread four shrimp on a skewer and grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with rice and an Asian cucumber salad.