Zarda (Sweet Orange Rice)
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon food color
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon rosewater essence
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup cashews nuts, chopped
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Bring 4 cups water to boil in a saucepan.
- Add food color.
- Add rice to boiling water. Cook for 10 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Drain rice in a colander.
- Heat butter in a saucepan.
- Add water, sugar, cinnamon sticks and cardamom and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add cooked rice and rose water essence. Mix together and bake in a
preheated 350 degrees F oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cottage cheese and nuts.
- Serve hot or cold as a dessert.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes