Authentic Irish Soda Bread
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Boil raisins for 3 minutes, then drain and dust lightly with a little flour.
- Sift together with the remaining flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Rub in the lard with hands.
- Add milk, egg, and caraway seeds and pour into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 1 hour.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.