Cornish Picnic Pasties
- Pastry for 2-crust pie
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 small turnip, quartered/thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- Prepare pastry. Form dough into 6 balls; cover and refrigerate.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef, potatoes, turnip, carrot, parsley, onion,
salt and pepper. Mix well. Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- To make pasties, roll each ball of dough into an 8-inch circle. Spread 1/6 of
the filling on half of each circle. Dot filling with margarine. Moisten edge of
each circle. Fold over. Fold edge of bottom crust over top. Seal with fingers.
- Make 2 slits in top of each pasty. Brush top of each with beaten egg. Bake on
ungreased cookie sheet for 30 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- Wrap each in foil for transportation to picnic or work. Can be prepared the night
before and refrigerated. Next day, wrap in foil and head for picnic. For serving
you may want to cut pasties in half and have some mustard sauce handy.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.