This is a traditional Irish dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb
- 2 cups raspberries
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons whiskey
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread the oatmeal on a cookie sheet and bake until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- In a medium saucepan, add the rhubarb and half of the raspberries with 2 tablespoons
honey. Cook over medium heat until the rhubarb is tender. Cool.
- In a large bowl whip the cream until stiff.
- Fold in the remaining honey and whiskey.
- Layer in a trifle bowl or individual glasses some of the cream mixture, some toasted oatmeal,
the rhubarb mixture, and some fresh raspberries. Then repeat.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint leaves if desired.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Makes 6 servings.