Irish Brown Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Gradually add milk until it forms a thick mixture, slightly sticky.
- Form into one large ball. Flour and shape dough into a round disc about
1 1/2 inches high.
- Place in a floured 9-inch cake pan.
- With a sharp knife, cut a cross onto the top of the bread, about 1/4 inch deep.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 40 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.