Irish Christmas Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Irish whiskey
- 1/4 cup candied citron, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds, blanched and chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease two cookie sheets. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar.
- Beat in the eggs until well blended.
- Add the flour and the Irish whiskey, and beat the dough until smooth.
- Add the fruit and nuts, and mix well.
- Drop cookie dough from a tablespoon onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake each sheet of cookies for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the baking sheets with a spatula while still warm.
- Place on wire rack to partially cool.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container with a slice of white bread to maintain
their soft, fruity texture.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.