Irish Christmas Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose
- 1/4 cup Irish whiskey
- 1/4 cup candied citron, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden
- 1/4 cup almonds, blanched and chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease two cookie sheets. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar.
- Beat in the
eggs until well blended.
- Add the flour and the Irish whiskey, and beat the dough
- Add the fruit and nuts, and mix well.
- Drop cookie dough from a tablespoon
onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake each sheet of cookies for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the baking
sheets with a spatula while still warm.
- Place on wire rack to partially cool.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container with a slice of white bread to maintain
their soft, fruity texture.