Irish Freckled Rolls
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup dry milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup unprocessed wheat bran
- 6 1/4 to 6 3/4 cups bread flour
- 3 large eggs
- Place 1/4 cup warm water in large warm bowl.
- Sprinkle in yeast; stir until dissolved.
- Add remaining water, sugar, dry milk, butter, salt, bran and 2 cups flour.
- Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add eggs and 1 cup flour.
- Beat for 2 minutes at high speed.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead until smooth and
elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place dough in lightly greased bowl, turn to grease top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Punch dough down whenever doubled in size and use within 3 days.
- Remove dough to a lightly floured surface.
- Divide into 36 equal pieces. Shape into smooth balls.
- Place balls about 2 inches apart on large greased baking sheets.
Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 13 to 15 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pans, cool on wire rack.
Source: Fleischmann's Yeast
To bake without refrigeration: After placing dough in lightly greased bowl, cover;
let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled, about 45 to 60 minutes. Shape
and bake as directed.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.