Irish Lamb Stew
- 2 pounds boned shoulder of lamb
- 1 cup sliced raw potatoes
- 1/4 small head
- 2 leeks, sliced thin
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 stalk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 small onions
- 4 carrots
- 2 white turnips, quartered
- 1 pound green peas, shelled
- Few sprigs
- Have meat cut into 2-inch cubes.
- Arrange alternate layers of lamb and mixed sliced
vegetables in a casserole or baking dish.
- Season with salt, pepper, bay leaf, garlic
- Cover with water and bring to a boil on top of the stove.
- Cover casserole,
place in a preheated 350 degree F oven, and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is
- Cook onions, carrots, turnips and peas, each separately, until tender. Drain.
- Lift meat out of casserole onto a plate and keep it warm. strain liquid from stew
- Work vegetables (from stew) through a sieve, ricer or in a blender,
then combine with the strained liquid, the whole cooked vegetables and the meat.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve hot with parsley, chopped fine, sprinkled on top.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.