Irish Oatmeal-Whiskey Cake
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Irish whiskey
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup grated unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Irish whiskey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Nut Topping: Cream butter and sugar.
- Blend in cream and whiskey.
- Stir in nuts and coconut. Set aside.
- Cake: Lightly grease and flour a 9-inch round or square cake pan. Set aside.
- Place oatmeal in a heatproof mixing bowl.
- Pour boiling water over oatmeal; allow to stand for 20 minutes.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in whiskey and eggs.
- When well combined, stir in oatmeal mixture.
- Combine flour, cinnamon and baking soda.
- When well combined, stir into oatmeal mixture. Beat until well mixed.
- Pour oatmeal batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the
center comes out clean and cake is golden.
- Remove from oven.
- Heat broiler. Spread Nut Topping over top of the warm cake.
- Place under preheated broiler; broil for 5 minutes or until topping is bubbling
- Remove from broiler and allow to cool on wire rack at least 15 minutes before
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.