Irish Soda Graham Bread
This bread is great toasted for breakfast, and it is an excellent accompaniment
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups Graham flour
- 1 cup unbleached white flour, unsifted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine buttermilk and baking soda and blend in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a well-buttered 9-inch loaf pan and place in oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack.