Mashed Potatoes with Cabbage (Colcannon)
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1/2 small head green cabbage, shredded
- 6 scallions (with tops), chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- Butter or margarine
- Heat 1 inch salted water to boiling. Add potatoes. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and cook until tender, 30 to 35 minutes; drain.
- Heat cabbage, scallions, water and 1/8 teaspoon salt to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer until crisp-tender, 5 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Mash potatoes until no lumps remain.
- Beat in milk in small amounts.
- Add 1/4 cup butter, 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper; beat until potatoes are
light and fluffy.
- Stir in cabbage and scallions; dot with butter or margarine.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.