Simple Irish Soda Bread
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the flour sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, caraway seeds and raisins
together in a bowl. Mix them.
- Add the sour cream, milk and egg together in a separate bowl and mix them up.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix until the dough is smooth.
- Place the dough in a cast iron skillet and add a little flour to the bottom of the pan.
- Stick the skillet in the oven for an hour at 300 degrees F.
- Plate and serve with butter and jam.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.