- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon aniseeds, lightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup whole unblanched almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat sugar and eggs together until creamy.
- Beat in melted butter, aniseeds, and orange extract.
- Mix together flour and baking powder. Add to the batter and beat until well blended.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator and chill for at least 1 hour. (The chilled dough can be kept refrigerated for up to 3 days.)
- Shape the dough into a 9 x 6-inch oval 1 1/2 inches thick and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until firm and lightly browned.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool slightly.
- Ransfer the dough to a cutting board and slice diagonally into 1/2-inch thick pieces.
- Arrange, cut side down, on the baking sheet and return to the oven.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Transfer the baked Italian Biscotti to wire racks to cool.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.