- 1/2 cup crushed toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup crushed macaroons
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 maraschino cherries, halved
- Reserve 2 tablespoons crushed toasted almonds for the topping.
- Mix remaining crushed almonds, macaroons and 2/3 cup of the cream.
- Whip the remaining cream with the vanilla extract, rum and sugar. Fold
into almond-macaroon mixture.
- Spoon into 8 foil baking cups which have been placed in muffin tins and
freeze until hard.
- Top each with a cherry half.
- Sprinkle toasted almonds over and return to freezer until ready to serve.