Bruschetta in Giallo (Bruschetta in Yellow)
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Walnut-size chunk of butter
- 6 ounces (150 g) cooked shelled shrimp (canned will be fine), drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives, or more to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toast the bread and keep it warm.
- Beat the eggs with the cream.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the eggs, and stir them about to scramble them, adding the shrimp as well after a few seconds. Continue to cook until the eggs reach the degree of doneness you like, and season them with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the toast on four plates, spoon the egg mixture over them, sprinkle the chives over all, and serve at once, with a dry white wine.