This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cheesecake al Limoncello
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup vanilla wafers or hazelnut cookies
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 32 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup limoncello
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon limoncello
- Crust: Crumb the cookies, mix with the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter,
and press the mixture in the bottom and about an inch up the sides of a 9 1/2-inch
- Batter: Beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Add
the eggs one at a time without excessive beating to avoid removing the air, followed
by mixing in the remaining batter ingredients.
- Pour into the pan and bake at 350 degrees F for about an hour or until the center of the surface is somewhat solid.
- Remove from the oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- Topping: Mix together the sour cream, sugar and limoncello and spread evenly
over the top.
- Bake another 10 minutes; remove and let cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for at least 12 hours before serving.