Our inspired rendition of the classic Chicken Parmigiana. Tender chicken cutlets, encrusted with Parmesan cheese and seasonings, are topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella.
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning
- 1 pound thin-sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and Italian seasoning on plate.
- Moisten chicken lightly with water. Coat evenly with bread crumb mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Cook 1/2 of the chicken pieces 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to foil-lined 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Repeat with remaining
chicken, adding remaining 1 tablespoon oil if necessary. Spoon sauce evenly over
chicken. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Serve with cooked spaghetti, if desired.
Prep: 15 min | Cook: 25 min | Serves: 4
Nutritional information (amount per serving) Total Calories: 398 Sodium:
478mg Fat: 22g Carbohydrates: 13g Cholesterol: 100mg Protein: 37g Fiber: 1g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: