Chicken Scaloppini with Rustic
Tomato Olive Spaghetti
The ingredients are married perfectly to enhance the chicken.
- 4 ounces multi-grain thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts, thinly sliced (or 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced fire roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup Lindsay® California Ripe Pitted Olives, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup dried Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 (4 ounces) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Sauté
leek and garlic in oil 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, olives and pepper flakes; simmer over medium-low heat 10 minutes
or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites with 1 tablespoon water in a shallow dish or
- Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish or pie plate.
- Dip each cutlet in egg mixture letting excess drip off. Dredge in bread
crumbs to coat each side lightly.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium
heat. Add chicken; sauté 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked
- Drain spaghetti; transfer to four serving plates. Spoon tomato sauce over
spaghetti; top with chicken and garnish with basil.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Servings: 4
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories: 401, Calories from fat: 132, Total fat:
15g, Monounsaturated fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 73mg, Sodium: 683mg, Total Carbohydrates:
33g Dietary fiber: 4g Protein: 33g
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Lindsay, a trademark of Bell-Carter Foods,
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.