Chocolate Chunk and Apricot Cannoli
Cannoli's are popular with many Americans who have discovered this Italian
treat. It's a cookie shell, usually filled with sweet cheese and dried fruit
or as I prefer, chocolate. The shells can be purchased at an Italian grocery, or
if you're really brave, you can attempt to make them yourself. Really good and
fresh ricotta is the key with cannoli, so ORDER it at your local grocery if you
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 3 ounce bittersweet, or semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 purchased cannoli shells
- Ground coffee
- Powdered sugar
- In a food processor, combine ricotta, mascarpone and process until blended. Add
apricot preserves and process until blended, leaving some "chunks". Add
chocolate, using "ON/OFF" turns. (DO NOT PUREE.)
- With a pastry bag, pipe the filling into the shell. Sprinkle the open ends with
coffee and refrigerate up to 6 hours.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Posted by artsycook at recipegoldmine.com.