Eggplant and Gorgonzola Crostini
- 1 eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crumbled
cup purchased pesto sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) loaf Italian bread, sliced
- 4 ounces
provolone cheese, grated
- 2 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Fresh basil
- Spread eggplant on paper towel. Sprinkle with salt. Let stand 30 minutes to drain.
- Pat eggplant dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant, garlic and
dried basil and sauté until eggplant is tender and beginning to brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Season with pepper. (Can be prepared one day ahead.)
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Reheat eggplant mixture before using.)
- Heat broiler.
1 1/2 teaspoons pesto sauce over one side of each bread slice. Top each with 1 tablespoon
eggplant mixture, then with 1 tablespoon provolone and 1/2 tablespoon Gorgonzola.
Place on cookie sheet.
- Broil until cheese melts, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark