Eggplant Salad (Caponata)
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) eggplant
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- Cut eggplant into 3/4-inch cubes. Heat small amount salted water to boiling.
Add eggplant. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and cook until tender, about 10
- Place eggplant and onion in non-reactive bowl.
- Mix vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper; pour over eggplant and onion.
- Stir in tomato and parsley.
- Over and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in oil.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Italian Recipes