Eggplant with Two Cheeses
(Melanzane con Due Formaggi)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil in skillet until hot.
- Mix flour and garlic salt; coat eggplant with flour mixture. Cook over medium
heat, turning once, until golden brown, adding more oil if necessary.
- Pour half the tomato sauce into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Add eggplant; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Pour remaining tomato sauce over eggplant; sprinkle with oregano and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees F until hot and bubbly, about 25 minutes.