This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Farina Dumplings (Gnocchi alla Romana)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup farina or semolina
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat milk to scald. Reduce heat. Slowly stir in farina and cook until thick,
about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in eggs, margarine, salt and pepper. Beat until smooth.
Spread in a greased 13 x 9-inch pan. Cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours until firm.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares or circles. Place overlapping in an ungreased dish.
Dot with 1/4 cup margarine. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- You can brown a little more under the broiler, if needed.