Fettuccine with Wild Mushrooms
(Pasta al Funghi)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 (1 ounce) package dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- Coarsely-ground black pepper
- Pour water over mushrooms. Let stand 30 minutes; drain.
- Cut mushrooms into 1/4-inch strips. Cook and stir mushrooms, onion and garlic
in oil in skillet over medium heat until onion is tender.
- Add whipping cream and salt. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered,
stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cook fettuccine as directed; drain. Pour sauce over hot fettuccine, tossing until
fettuccine is well coated.
- Serve with pepper.
Yields 6 servings.