Fragole Cello (Strawberry Liqueur)
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups grain alcohol or vodka
- 2 cups water
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups granulated sugar
- Wash the strawberries. If you use large strawberries, cut them in half or quarters.
Place them into a clean glass jar, add grain alcohol or vodka, and let stand 24
hours, shaking it periodically. The strawberries will begin to pale as the alcohol
leaches the color (and taste and fragrance) out of the strawberries.
- After 24 hours or so, Use a fine strainer to strain the strawberries and seeds
from the alcohol into a 2-quart glass container. Discard the remains of the strawberries.
- Combine two cups of water and up to two cups of sugar in a saucepan and bring
the mixture to a rolling boil. Allow to cool and add to the alcohol.
- It is now ready to drink, but your best bet is to put the Fragole Cello into
a decanter in the freezer for a week to mellow and become ice cold.