This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Fruit Cake (Caprella)
- 2 pounds dates
- 1/2 pound candied cherries
- 1/2 pound candied pineapple
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle red maraschino cherries
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle green maraschino cherries
- 2 pounds mixed whole nuts (Brazil, almonds, walnuts)
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Line two loaf pans with wax paper.
- Mix all fruits and nuts.
- Sift dry ingredients and mix together.
- Pour beaten eggs, mixed with sugar and vanilla extract, over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Bake at 275 degrees F for 2 hours.
Makes a 7-pound cake.