Italian Almond Cake
This elegant and rich dessert is easy with a food processor.
- 1 pound (16 ounces) almond paste*
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Kirsch, Amaretto, or Drambuie (or a combination of Amaretto and Drambuie)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 9- or 10-inch springform pan.
- In a food processor, whirl almond paste with sugar until blended to the consistency
of sand. Transfer to mixing bowl. Add softened butter; then add eggs one by one
beating after each addition. Add Kirsch and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour and baking powder. Mix into almond mixture. Do
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 - 60 minutes or until knife comes out with just
a few crumbs attached (not wet). Cool in pan. Remove sides of springform pan and
transfer to a serving platter.
- Optional: Sprinkle top with powdered sugar before serving.
- Recipe can be halved and baked in a 9-inch layer cake pan. Baking time will vary.
Check after 40 minutes.
Editor's Note: If buying supermarket grade almond paste, I recommend Odense
brand. It comes in a 7-ounce roll. I do not recommend Betty Crocker's. Professional
quality almond paste is preferable to grocery store brand.
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine April 30, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Italian Recipes